An unexpected complaint of stress can occur in a new business which is growing very quickly, has little infrastructure and where the owner and staff are working long and hard just to keep up. Sometimes there is no obvious reason for the complaint. Often the complaint arises during a disciplinary investigation, causing the process to be delayed. In these situations advice should be obtained.
How we can help
We will assist you to manage the situation by:
- Advising you about the relevant law;
- Discussing the options for responding to the notification;
- Discussing with you any assistance you may need to provide the employee;
- Assisting you to review your business operation and its effect upon staff;
- Representing you throughout the process.
If you would like our help, this is the information we will need
- A dateline of events.
- The Employment agreement and job description;
- Your business plan and structure;
- Your health and safety policies and procedures.
- A description of the emloyee’s work situation identifying any stressors in the work.
- The employee’s personal file.
- Any emails or other written communications with your employee that might be relevant to the problem.
- Wage, time and leave records.
- Your contact details.