A work-life balance is crucial to good health. Long working hours brought about by career aspirations, a commitment to the business, or unreasonable expectations can cause panic attacks, anxiety, indecision and an inability to function at home and at work.
Identifying the early signs of stress is important. Responding to these signs by discussing the situation with your employer is necessary. Your employer cannot correct the problem if the employer is unaware of it. Your employer cannot disregard your concerns.
How we can help
We will assist you by:
- Advising you about the law;
- Discussing the best approach to managing the situation and the employment relationship.
- Representing you at any meeting with the employer.
- Representing you in any complaint process that follows.
If you would like our help, this is the information we will need
- A dateline of events.
- The Employment agreement;
- Any health and safety policies and procedures your employer has in place.
- A description of the your work situation identifying any stressors in the work.
- Any emails or other written communications with your employer that might be relevant to the problem.
- Wage, time and leave records.
- Your contact details and the employers.